Networking plays an essential role in business success, helping to support local knowledge and build contacts as well as share business experience. Business Bolton is involved in a number of business networking and industry specific groups.
Bolton, Bury and Wigan Construction Club
An established network which provides construction industry players and supply chain companies with an insight into current / future local opportunities, shares best practice and provides good networking opportunities. It is co-ordinated by the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce who run three events per year, one in each of the participating boroughs.
Interested and want to find out more? Contact Katherine Eaton: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bolton Manufacturers Group
A private sector- led group founded in 2011. The group supports local manufacturing businesses through bi-monthly meetings where there are presentations, workshops and opportunities to share best practice.
A membership organisation managed by Bolton Council for Bolton town centre businesses.
Services include a dedicated partnership team, marketing and promotion, articles in council newsletters, involvement in events, links to the town centre security scheme as well as training and support.
Interested and want to find out more? Contact Michelle Hilton: email@example.com or call 01204 336128
Support for visitor economy businesses - Bolton Council also offers free marketing opportunities to tourism and hospitality businesses.
Free listings are available on the www.visitbolton.com website as well as support through Visit Bolton social media activity.
Interested and want to find out more? Contact Suzanne Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01204 336167
Creative and Digital Industries
Katy O’Neil Ceramics
Bolton has a strong and growing Creative and Digital sector. Business Bolton can offer support to your business whatever stage you are at and has links to cultural support agencies and networks in Bolton and across Greater Manchester..
For more information on business start-up and growth, workshops and events, networks and training including Arts Award advisor training, funding and finance contact Lory Povah on 01204 334066 or email email@example.com.
Also visit our website www.thenervecentre.org.uk for up to date news, vacancies and commissions, funding and training information specific to the creative and digital sector.
Useful websites that can help
- a-n- visual arts information company
- Arts Award- nationally accepted qualification for young people/ advisor training available locally
- the arts room- GM marketplace for arts organisations
- Arts Council England (ACE)- National support organisation for Arts with local grants
- Axisweb- national artists website
- BBC Writersroom- opportunities in TV and radio scriptwriting with script archive
- Manchester Craft and Design Centre
- Creative England- support for games, TV, Film and digital media
- Creative Industries Trafford (CIT)- GM support organisation for creative industries
- The Gallery at St George’s- Local gallery and coffee shopshowcasing local and emerging talent
- Manchester International Festival (MIF)- opportunities for artists and volunteers
- Media City UK- skills, training and opportunities
- Panda- performing arts network
- NOISE- self -promotion for emerging talent
- Creative Industries Finance (CIF)- finance and business support for creative industries
- Trustech- NHS Innovation Experts
- Creative Boom- online magazine for creatives