Cost of living
Cost of living
To help businesses with these uncertain and challenging times, our support page aims to help you get the support you need, from showing you how to access a range of advice, support and latest guidance.
- Government Guidance - Government outlines plans to help cut energy bills for businesses
Business Growth Hub
- #HereForBusiness - supporting Greater Manchester businesses to navigate these uncertain times and provide pecialist support and refer to partners’ programmes.
- Green Economy - a Growth Hub initiative aimed at boosting the uptake of green technologies in businesses. There may currently be an increased interest in this given the cost savings benefits to be achieved. Marketplace is on online directory where businesses can search for suppliers. This is managed by the Growth Hub
Renewable Energy Incentive Programme (REIP)
A privately runs scheme that connects businesses to renewable energy and energy efficient technology solutions aimed at both businesses and residents. Operating across the North West.
Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber of Commerce exists to help businesses thrive by offering support and services through the membership, whilst also representing the voice of business in our region.
- Chamber Utilities – Chamber Utilities benefits businesses that are trying to reduce their business energy expenditure. Through our energy partners Enexus, we’ll ensure that you’re on the best possible tariff available and more.
- Chamber Protect – Chamber Protect allows your business to save money on HR, Health & Safety, Legal and Tax. Through Chamber Protect you have access to a One2One consultation service, a 24/7 HR helpline and over 450 free downloadable templates and documents. There is no need to pay for extra support, It’s included in your Membership!
- Skills for Growth – Skills for Growth is a fully-funded initiative for businesses to training their staff. Through Skills for Growth, your business will get access to around 500 fully funded training courses which cover a range of industries.
- Chamber Finance Finder – Chamber Finance Finder is a service within Membership which finds funding opportunities for businesses. Through partners Swoop, Members are matched to all available finance opportunities on the market. This is an essential tool for businesses affected by the cost-of-living crisis.
- Chamber Roadside Assist – Chamber Roadside Assist helps reduce the costs of Members which have vehicles at the heart of their operations. Through partners The AA, members have saved on average £1,521 this year!
- GM Tech Support – GM Tech Support provides all members with a complimentary cyber consultation.
- Chamber Space – 16 flexible meeting spaces located in the heart of Manchester City Centre with Chamber Space, you have the flexibility to conduct meetings at your discretion. They are offering members 20% off room bookings to support you reduce your costs.
- GM Chamber of Commerce – Acess Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce.
BLOG: from our RE team at the Growth hub on energy savings:
- Top tips for Big Energy Savings - GC Business Growth Hub
The GC Business Growth Hub’s #HereForBusiness have launched a series of weekly webinars which will set out the challenging context your business is operating in, what action you can take and what support you can access to navigate through the energy and cost of doing business crisis. View past and upcoming and upcoming webinars here: Webinars | GC Business Growth Hub
The GC Business Growth Hub supports Greater Manchester’s businesses in navigating these uncertain times, providing specialist support and referrals to partner organisations.
Weekly drop-in clinics are being heldin Bolton , giving business owners the opportunity to come along and meet with the GC Business Growth Hub Account Management team.
Drop in for an informal, friendly chat and find out more about the challenging context businesses are operating in, what actions your business can take and what support you can access through the Growth Hub to navigate through the uncertain times ahead.
06/12/2022 Bolton Holiday Inn, BL1 2EW 1pm - 3pm
14/12/2022 Bolton Holiday Inn,BL1 2EW 1pm - 3pm
04/01/2023 Bolton Holiday Inn ,BL1 2EW 1pm - 3pm
11/01/2023 Bolton Holiday Inn ,BL1 2EW 1pm - 3pm
18/01/2023 Bolton Holiday Inn ,BL1 2EW 1pm - 3pm
25/01/2023 Bolton Holiday Inn, BL1 2EW 1pm - 3pm
01/02/2023 Bolton Holiday Inn,BL1 2EW 1pm - 3pm
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries you may have or to book a slot in the drop in clinics.