2022 places available for accredited Safe Urban Driving course
Safe Urban Driving courses for drivers in Bolton are now available for £10.
Delivered by NCA Academy Manchester in partnership with Enroute Training, and supported and subsidised by Transport for Greater Manchester.This one-day course is designed for professional HGV, LGV and PCV drivers.
- Approved by the Fleet Operators Recognition Scheme (FORS)
- Meets the requirements for managing Work Related Road Risk (WRRR)
- Meets the requirements for the Construction Logistics and Cyclists Safety (CLOCS) scheme
- Counts towards a driver’s CPC
It’s also heavily subsided, costing only £10 per person. These courses will run throughout the year, with bookings now available until July.
The course will take place at The Barn Countryside Centre, Philips Park, Whitefield, M45 7QJ, both in the classroom and out on a bike, which is available to loan. Course times are 8.30am – 4pm. It will cover:
- The changing streetscape and the urban environment
- Vulnerable road users and sharing the road safely
- Defensive driving techniques
- Understanding vehicle safety equipment and how to maintain its effectiveness
- Exchanging places, driver attitude and perception
- Introduction to active travel, driver fitness and health
- Hazard recognition: understanding the issues faced by vulnerable road users
Click on the link below for dates, more information and to book a place.