New NHS Track & Trace App is a Legal requirement
Designated businesses and organisations will be legally required to log details of customers, visitors and staff for NHS Test and Trace under law.
The NHS COVID-19 App
The NHS COVID-19 App is a new tool designed to reduce the threat of coronavirus to our health, whilst helping to keep the doors of businesses open.
Launching on 24 September, the app will simplify the Test and Trace process by enabling the public to automatically ‘check into’ a venue. They will then get alerted if they have recently visited a venue where they have come into contact with someone with coronavirus. It is also a legal requirement for certain businesses to display a QR code poster so that customers can check in safely and securely.
The tool is quickly set up by completing an online form, printing and displaying a QR code poster and requesting that all visitors scan this on arrival at your premises.
It is the law for business owners to prepare for the launch by following these steps:
- Create a QR code for your venue online https://www.gov.uk/create-coronavirus-qr-poster
- Print and display the poster by the entrance(s) to your premises
- Encourage visitors to scan the poster on arrival to your venue
- Provide an alternative process to collect data for individuals without a smartphone or access to the app.
The following sectors are legally obliged to maintain a log of their customers and visitors and will need to display the QR poster and use the app:
This applies to:
- Pubs, bars, restaurants, cafes and other hospitality settings open to the general public – currently closed under the Bolton Regulations or providing takeaway service. They will need to use the app once they are allowed to re-open.
- Tourism and leisure venues including hotels, museums, leisure centres, gyms, cinemas etc.
- Close contact services including hairdressers, barbers, tailors, beauty salons etc. Some close contact services are advised to remain closed in Bolton.
- Facilities provided by council, including town halls and civic centres for events, community centres, libraries and children’s centres.
- Places of worship, including use for events and other community activities.
For more information the app, please go to the NHS website .
To find out the latest Covid-19 information relating to Bolton, got to www.businessbolton.org/covid19 or please follow us on social media @BusinessBolton for up-to-date guidance.