Information on the Kickstart scheme and how Bolton Businesses can get involved.
Support for our young people to gain valuable workplace experience is even more crucial during this challenging climate.
Under the Kickstart scheme, employers will receive 100% of the relevant National Minimum wage for a creating a new 6-month job placement of 25 hours per week. There is also £1,500 per job placement available for setup costs, support and training.
Employers offering 30 or more jobs can apply directly. For smaller employers looking to ‘Kickstart’ between 1 to 29 local job placements Business Bolton can support you to apply as part of a collective, with a 'Representative'.
If you are aiming to create 30+ jobs you can apply directly to www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-a-kickstart-scheme-grant-30-or-more-job-placements
For employers who want to apply for funding to create under 29 jobs you will need to sign up to an approved Kickstart Gateway, who will represent your application. At this moment in time Business Bolton is not a registered Kickstart Gateway however locally the GM Chamber of Commerce and The Growth Company can support you with your kickstart application. Find out more about their ‘Kickstart’ offers and how to apply.
GM Chamber of Commerce - Gateway Application www.gmchamber.co.uk/kickstart-scheme-facilitation/
For further details contact: Diane.ElebertMorgan@gmchamber.co.uk
Offer – Based at Commerce House, Bridgeman Street, Bolton, GM Chamber support local employers from any sectors. They work with each employer providing a package of wraparound support for the young person to help them on programme and with their future career path. They have put together a range of support and will work with each employer according to their needs. Support includes:
- Digital welcome handbook / pack with useful ‘how to’ guides
- Voucher towards working attire
- Pre Employment guidance such as: safeguarding, data protection, health & wellbeing, working in a team
- GMCC Mentor with monthly catch ups, mid programme review needs and feedback, online at Commerce House, Bolton
- Soft skills, digital training and access to sector focused awards – these will be delivered online and once government allows (restrictions ease) we will be hosting live events and group meetings at Commerce House, providing a range of support for both the employer and their Kickstarter
- CV building, review service, mock interviews and career pathway signposting if needed on exiting the job placement
- Post placement digital events (and again live where restrictions allow) including business leaders and motivational speakers
The Growth Company – Gateway application https://gckickstart.co.uk/
For further details contact: www.growthco.uk/contact-us/
Offer: As an employer, Kickstart will give you access to a large pool of young people with potential, who are ready for an opportunity, at zero cost to you. GC want to work with you to deliver high-quality placements that go beyond the minimum requirements of the scheme to deliver an outstanding experience that both you and they can be proud of. The Growth Company offer a comprehensive package for Kickstarters while they are on placement, taking away a business’s need to organise or deliver this. This could include Information, Advice and Guidance leading to structured personal development plans, help accessing training and qualifications, CV and employment advice and ongoing post-placement support for those who don’t obtain permanent work after the six-month period.
- Tier 1 – The ‘basic’ employer representative role as prescribed by DWP: Undertaking all administration and organisation to secure a Kickstart Grant for employers – along with compliance guidance and support for businesses.
- Tier 2 – A multi-channel Training and Support Wrap-around offer. 1:1 support backed with a comprehensive digital offer and career management toolkit/learning content.
There are other gateway providers supporting employers with Kickstart applications DWP (Department for Work and Pensions) have also provided a list of approved GM providers.